New author arrives, and a shout-out to Michigan


B-rock, the author of Power of PowerPC, has joined the PowerPC Liberation author team, so please help me welcome him.  As a G4 and G5 user, he will be able to provide both a similar and unique perspective compared to the preexisting G3/G4 authors here.

He's a computer science grad and has a big passion for Linux, software development, and PowerPC of course.  I don't mean to sound cocky...  but this is now the most well-armed PowerPC blog out there author-wise.  It will only grow from here.  Remember - PowerPC is only dead at Apple.  We shall live on as long as there are users to write for.


Lastly, I want to give a friendly hello to the people of the US state of Michigan.  Not only are Americans the largest audience here, but the state of Michigan is responsible for at least 20-30% of all hits from the USA.  There are at least 100 there who are regular visitors here, and from every corner of the state.  So to the people of Michigan I say thanks for the loyalty and sheer number of you still interested in PowerPC.  They must put something PowerPC-friendly in the water there.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome! great to have authors that really care about linux and the future of PowerPC. By far this is the site where all the information is being provided to use our computers beyond the Apple's deadline.

    cheers from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be one of those Michigan people you refer to. I live in Warren. Thanks for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the Grand Rapids area. Dan Knight from Low End Mac lives in this area as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you steal all of Dan Knight's computers so he can't keep encouraging people not to evolve their computing ability. He's the one Michigan resident I don't welcome here.

      I wonder if he also encourages people not to go to college. It would be the same motive he uses with computer use.

      Delete
    2. Heh. I've got no dog in that fight, being one of those wimpy nice guys and all. I've met and had dealings with him, and he's a decent chap in person. I do disagree with his anti- Linux espousal, though. I don't agree with using unsafe, unsupported operating systems for normal daily (and online) use, when there are suitable, safe, and completely current alternatives. It only takes a little work and patience to bring oneself up to speed.

      Delete
    3. There is nothing wimpy about being nice, but there is in having a vested interest in others not evolving.

      He created the fight and brought the first dog, I simply reacted with a bit of unfiltered truth about his computing ability. He was posting my pro-Linux content on LEM and then adding his ignorance and eagerness to show how much of a passenger he is.

      What people like Dan Knight bring is actually 100% unneeded. No one needs help not not learn and follow Apple blindly. Yet he thinks they do need help to not think.

      People like him make me embarrassed to be a human being. I mean honestly... what kind of creep goes out of their way to encourage people not evolve? It's a damn sacrilege.

      Anyway, I like you Brian. Sorry if I ranted a bit, but just the mention of that guys name frustrates me. At least his devolution coaching didn't work on you.

      Delete
  4. Welcome aboard B-rock! It is good to have you.

    ReplyDelete